Thursday 9 October 2008

Birthday Greetings

Just as a while back I was making the photo montage for my brother (all finished now and rolled up ready to travel), I've also been making him a birthday card.
I chose a Tim Holtz stamp - Boy with Dog (not that we had dogs as children - we used to pick up stray cats and give them very un-pc names from what I remember!). I used Adirondack Denim and Lettuce inkpads to add the colour and then stamped the extra numbers using the Art Warehouse Limited Edition Big Numbers stamps: I added a frame with one of the Prima Build a Frame sets then I dug out some Hambly rub-ons in white and used these to add extra details. These rub-ons are really good - they just fall off the sheet, not like some that should perhaps be called rub-throughs as that's what happens to the paper when you try to use them!After that I had to decide how to layer it up. I knew I wanted to use scrapbook paper as that adds another dimension, but oh the choice! Eventually I narrowed it down to Kaisercraft, about 3 different double - sided sheets, Summer Breeze, Sea Spray, Sand Dune. See what you think!



I'll show you next time how I finished it!

Helen

1 comment:

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's lovely. As for the background papers I like the first, 4th and 6th :)
Anne x