Sunday 9 November 2008

Christmas is coming....

Far too soon if you ask me!
However if you're wondering why I've been a bit quiet, it's because I've been making Christmas cards, lots of them, nearly 70 in fact! With that many to make they have to be quick and easy. Sometimes they work out well, sometimes they don't! I'll never forget the year I stuck some red berries on all tied up with ribbon, stood the cards up and they all fell off! I wasn't feeling very Christmassy by the end!
Anyway this year nothing should fall off hopefully. I've gone for red, green and gold - I've even embossed which I always swear I'll never do as I always think it takes longer.
On the first two photos, I've used some trees from Elusive Images which emboss wonderfully and a really elaborate swirl from Stamp Attack. The green background trees are stamped over the Paperartsy Christmas text (really useful stamp):
On the next cards, I used some vintage Santa images that I cut out of a Papermania pad:
My favourite santas are the bottom two - I don't think the colours work as well in the first two (whether it's the blue santa or the chimney, I'm not sure), but I used them anyway as inspiration was running out and desperation setting in!!!! I used up nearly every piece of red, green or mixed paper I had to create the backgrounds.The 'Be Merry!' stamp is Elusive Images again - I find myself using this again and again, it just seems to fit.
Well that's the cards made, the next thing will be writing them, but I think I'll put that off for now!

Cheers!

Helen

4 comments:

Paper Engineer said...

Well done you! Great cards. I;ve thought about mine but that's about it, so if you feel like doing about another 50???

Love Lesley x

InkyArtitude said...

Totally fab cards Helen, I'm in love with that wonderful flourish! You always find something different. Although I haven't even thought about starting my Xmas Cards yet I have started putting together a daily tag album for December and talk about coincidence, I'm using exactly the same papers that you have chosen. I only have ten done so far.... only another twenty one to go hey ho! Have fun...

Helen said...

Lynn - That flourish really is something special - I bought the plate a while back and hadn't even cut them out (there's about another 4 on the plate) but having used one of them now, I'll definitely keep them handy.
Lesley - You've got to be joking!!!

Helen

craftimamma said...

Wow Helen, these are great. I adore Santas and also love traditional red and green. I think I must hunt down that wonderful flourish!

Lesley