Monday 1 February 2016

Drum roll please.....

Yes, it's that time of year again - PaperArtsy new releases.
This time I've had the pleasure of working with a new PaperArtsy designer, Kay Carley. Kay has released two beautiful  stamp sets with delicate, fine line drawing.


I couldn't resist decorating this birdcage with layered up tissue paper flowers from the Cosmos set, EKC01, and a stuffed bird inside:





I had some of the flowers left over so then created this canvas:



After that, I wanted to try out the Allium set, EKC02, and decided to use it on fabric. These stamps lend themselves to embellishments so I got out my needle and thread and did some hand stitching. Apart from the words, everything is stamped with Fresco paints:





Lastly I mixed the two sets and made these glossy panels:



If you hop on over to the PaperArtsy blog you can see what everyone else has made - there are new releases coming out every night this week!
Many thanks to Kay for letting me be one of her wingmen - I think you'll agree, her designs are beautiful

Thanks for looking!

Helen



9 comments:

Helen said...

the stamps themselves are gorgeous - but your birdcage is stunning... so clever.

Sid said...

Fab stuff Helen !

carol edwards said...

Lovely pieces of work Helen. Thanks for sharing x

craftimamma said...

Amazing samples everyone Helen but the birdcage has to be my favourite......only by a whisker mind you, lol! Beautiful stuff!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous work with Kay's new stamps and I'm with Helen on the birdcage - glorious!
Alison x

Kay Carley said...

Your samples are truly beautiful Helen - thank you so much for agreeing to work with my stamps you truly brought them to life :) xx

Crafty Claire said...

Really pretty projects. I really love the bird cage xx

Unknown said...

simply stunning
any chance of a workshop on this in July please

Marci said...

Beautiful colors on these!