Here are a couple more of the projects I made for That's Crafty! with their 8x8 journal pages - I love this size, suits me just fine.
Don't you just love that leaning man? I've gone all rusty for this one, using some of the new stencils (all sizes) and digging into my DIY stash:
This one's totally different again - that's why I like using them as separate pages. I've tried out the Pentart Iron Paste for the little flowers in the background and used the 8x8 clock stencil to make some hills, then the floral stencil for the yellow sun:
These pages come from an 8x8 journal from That's Crafty!, but I decided to split them up and use them for individual pieces.
All the stamps, stencils, paints and other bits are available fro That's Crafty!
First of all I've used one of their new 8x8 stencils - fantastic! - and put a small, mirror misted tile in the middle. If you haven't tried out the Mirror Mist yet, you have to get hold of some.
Next I've used another 8x8 stencil to create this girl's head. The paints are from the Pebeo Iridescent range.:
Finally, I've used the clock stencil and stamped some crazy birds to go with it!
Just up my street!
Next Wednesday in Inky Fingers we're making a Kate Crane Planner where you can record your stash/stamps/techniques or whatever you fancy.
I've gone for DecoArt Mixed Media acrylics, Lin Brown stamps and lots of stencilling etc. Here we go:
Front and back covers (quite restrained!):
and then the dividers - lots of bright colours:
It's going to be fun. So if you'd like to join us at The Craft Barn, just follow the link above.
Over on the PaperArtsy blog you've got a week of new product launches - exciting stuff!
I was lucky enough to get to play with the new Kay Carley stamps which are just beautiful and here's a video of the new products:
Below you can see the samples I made in more detail. This first one uses EKC07 with the lovely bluebells. I've stencilled the background first, then stamped the flowers in paint and finished with some cut out flowers stamped in grey. I didn't use black as I thought it would be too harsh.
This sample has a more shabby chic feel to it - the background is crackled to look like peeled paint. I wanted the flowers to look as if they were growing up and old wooden door. I've stamped with paint again in the background, quite watery this time and then added painted flowers over the top. This uses EKC06.
This wall hanging uses EKC05 and I've gone for a soft focus, watercolour effect, building up stencilling and stamping in the background. That tiny flower you can see is really useful and is typical of the attention to detail that Kay brings to her stamps.
The glossy touches are made using Ranger enamels.
Those were my main samples, but I couldn't resist a couple of 3D ones using a mixture of the stamp sets! Firstly a framed montage:
And finally this wooden heart that I thought was just crying out for some bunches of flowers:
Many thanks to Kay for choosing me as a wingman and to Leandra and Mark for all the supplies.
I hope you've enjoyed the new product launch of Kay's stamps - don't forget to keep on looking on the PaperArtsy blog all week as there are more lovely things to see.