Saturday 7 November 2009

I'm dreaming of ...

......a pink and blue Christmas!
I love this quirky stamp from Crafty Individuals new Christmas selection (CI-254) - the buildings are fantastic and Santa in his sleigh just finishes it off!
First of all I made a little hanging decoration using one of their slidemount frames. I embossed it with some white tinsel embossing powder (called Winter Wonderland) that I've had stuck on the back of the shelf for ages but hardly ever used! (I'm too lazy to get the powder and heatgun out!) I then thought I'd paint it with the Stream paint dabber and noticed that the glitter still shines through:


Then I went on to make a card, spraying some semi gloss card with Glimmer Mists and stamping over the top. The frame is embossed with the same powder. Then I stamped the buildings repeatedly to make a mitred frame round the whole picture:


I might try it again with different colours.

Thanks for looking!

Helen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love what youve created with this stamp...Ive just bought it too,I cant wait to work with it after seeing these!

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, love that frame idea - fab!! Gorgeous colours, as ever and a great bit of artwork :)

craftimamma said...

I love that little hanging Helen and the card too. The colours are lovely!

Lesley Xx