Sunday 23 May 2010

Crafty Individuals Memory Lane...

Have you seen these new stamps (CI-274) that Crafty Individuals have just released?

One of the row of houses reminded me of Dutch gable houses - right down to the little bicycle outside the door - so I stamped in a sort of Delft blue with red and white, the colours of the Dutch flag.

I've stamped and masked the houses in this first card in Cloudy Blue, all except for the one in the middle which is in Chipped Sapphire. I've added the text in Barn Door and splatters of both colours over the background (that's because I got a splodge of red ink where I didn't want it!!!)


For this second card I've used the same colours but stamped, watercoloured and cut out a whole row of houses. I've added the house with the red door to draw the eye in. The background's the same, except the words are in blue.



Thanks for looking!

Helen

2 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I'm loving their new range too Helen. The rows of houses remind me of Mr Benn street (lol shows how classy and educated I am lol). Theres a gorgeous simplicity about your card layouts here, it works beautifully with the stamp designs.

Sid said...

These new stamps are fab, nice to see your use of them !! Lovely job !