Tuesday 18 February 2014

Craft Stamper Blog your Favourite Product....

This is a new thing over on the Craft Stamper Blog. Each month a Designer will be asked to blog their favourite product. Well I had great difficulty finding just one favourite product (I mean there are just so many!) but in the end I chose Stampbord and here's what I made.

First I chose the alcohol ink colours:


Then dropped them on to the Stampbord tile:


Add a little blending solution:


then dab off some colour to lighten if you wish:


Next I used a window cut to the size of the Stampbord tile to decide which bit of the Crafty Individuals stamp CI-357 to use:


Ink the stamp up with black StazOn and press the Stampbord down onto the rubber:


It should look like this:


Then get out your scrapey tool and get etching!


Finish with embellishments:




Thanks for looking!

Helen





16 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow! Must dig out my stampboard, not that I could create anything as amazing as yours.

Karin said...

wow this looks beautiful!!
Groetjes Karin

Doreen said...

This is stunning.x

carol edwards said...

Hi. Helen this is really great, love the colours, and not seen the technique of scraping before, very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Glennis F said...

Helen - that is just beautiful

Marianne in MD said...

I love your stampbord piece. And keep meaning to get mine out and play with itagain. Being able to add the holes makes it a lot more versatile. Can you explain how you made the holes for the eyelets, please?

Marianne in MD said...

Your piece just may inspire me to get mine out again and play. Being able to hang it opens up a lot of possibilities. Can you explain how you made the holes for the eyelets, please?

Hetty said...

Wow,that is just fantastic!

Helen said...

Many thanks for all the lovely comments.
Marianne, the only thing I've found that makes smooth holes through Stampbord is a Cropadile (in fact that's why I bought mine in the first place!)
Helen

Sid said...

Always loved Stampbord but never used alcohol ink on it...... must try this !

Marianne in MD said...

Oops, sorry I posted twice.
Thanks, Helen. Alas, I have no Cropadile but maybe DH has some drill that will work or my long neglected Dremel.

Unknown said...

Hi from your newest follower! Love this project & have also just been looking at it over on Craft Stamper. Must have a go on some Stampbord, saw some samples using it on the Paperartsy stand when I was placing an order at Stitches. They looked fab.
Amy x

Helen said...

Hi Amy
Those were mine on the PaperArtsy stand using the new Lynne Perrella stamps - you can tell I love the stuff! It's great for workshops as well (I see you've got a shop?)
Hope you enjoyed Stitches - I didn't get there this year.
Helen

craftytrog said...

Saw this gorgeous creation on the CS blog Helen! I love Stampbord too, it takes all sorts of inks so well, doesn't it?!
Alison x

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this Helen. We don't see enough of stampbord and it looks great with these vibrant alcohol ink colours and the scratched back highlights,

Lucy x

Etsuko said...

Wonderful colours and very cute panel. I love the stamp too. xx