Thursday, 11 December 2014

Blooming marvellous....

 I've got another experimental post this month over on the PaperArtsy Blog, this time with one of their flower dies, Scallop Flower. I thought I'd try it out in as many different materials as possible, layering them up, cutting into the petals, stamping on them etc.

Here's the finished project using Hot Pick 1305 and two of the flowers:

And a close up or two:

These images are stamped on acetate with white paint blocking out the back.
The background  is a piece of scrapbook paper that's been stamped over and set in an embroidery hoop - it goes in really well, nice and taught.
To see all the different flowers I made, hop on over to the PaperArtsy Blog.

Thanks for looking!


Elizabeth said...

Hi Helen, I love this, it's beautiful. I never thought of trying to put paper in a hoop ... always thought it had to be fabric ... so many thanks for sharing. This is one idea I will definitely trying for myself. Elizabeth xx

Sid said...

Beautiful and delicate !