Thursday 28 August 2008

It's never too early for Christmas!

Well. I'm back from Wales seeing my Mum - a very nice short break.
I've just added my Elusive Images Design Team logo to my blog which reminded me that just before I left I got a parcel in the post from Elusive Images with some new Christmas stamps which are going to be on a show sometime soon. Of course I can't show you the stamps (top secret!!!) but I'm sure you're going to love them.
It made me look through some of my Christmas art work and I found some ATCs I made after working on Christmas samples last year. These use stamps from both the Christmas Fusion and the Christmas Flourish plates and the curly edging on the corners comes from the greeting stamp on the De Morgan baubles plate.(It took me ages to find that stamp - I thought it came from a different plate altogether - I've obviously got far too many stamps!!! NOOOOOOOOO!! Not possible!!!) I wanted to add something to the corners and that just seemed to work. The background paper is from the
Artylicious Season's Greetings CD Rom. Quite by chance I printed it onto a piece of rainbow card and found it gave a great effect!

These two use the same sort of paper for the background and then I overstamped and added detail to the tree with a Sakura white Souffle pen. I also got a bit gem happy!

Well, I'm going to go and start work on some samples using the new stamps - I might give you some sneak peeks nearer the time, if Glenda lets me!
Happy stamping!
Helen

2 comments:

Phree said...

Oh those ATCs are gorgeous! More new Christmas stamps eh? I guess I had better start saving up!

InkyArtitude said...

Ooooooo delish colour, deelish ATC's. Glad you enjoyed your short break. Hope you enjoy playing with the 'new' stamps! I'm off to play too now.