Friday 29 August 2008

It's back to school time!

I've been back at work this morning so not been in my art room much.
I work part time at a nursery school and we had an inset morning setting everything up, sorting out plans etc. The children are coming in on Monday, some new ones and the rest coming through from the younger class. I have to say, some mornings you think you've never got out of the toilet, but it's always different, never boring! I love working with young children the best (I've worked with all ages) as they're always enthusiastic and we have a lot of fun!

I did manage to do a little more on my Christmas samples - just look at this wonderful tin I found in my stash.I'm definitely going to do something with this but you'll have to wait and see what!
Meanwhile I've got a couple more photos of ATCs that follow on from yesterday. This pink colour isn't one I'd usually associate with Christmas but sometimes I get desperate to get away from the traditional red/green or blues. Those little round gems are actually stickers from Paperchase that I just happened upon and I've used them alot.

These two use the same colours and I've added detail with a souffle pen. I realised the star one didn't really have a focal point so I put the text on a strip of paper across the middle.

What I love about making these ATCs is that I can do what I like on them! Most of my work I give away or send off, so I keep these even though you're supposed to trade them!!
All the stamps used here are Elusive Images and the background papers are from the Season's Greetings Artylicious CD Rom as before.
Talking about Elusive Images, Glenda's posted images of some new stamps on her blog - well worth a look! She's got news of lots of other new products as well - very exciting!

Need a cup of coffee now after all this typing!

Helen

P.S.
Even though I didn't have time to do much artwork, I did do a little stamp shopping - only a little I promise! Karen from Scrapz had got some stamps in that I wanted so I just had to order them! She's got a really good range of unmounted rubber - I frequently have to restrain myself!

4 comments:

InkyArtitude said...

Oh Helen, how naughty putting that link in. What have you been buying now? I've just had a quick look - yummmmm! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that tin.

Helen said...

This time, I've been buying Cherry Arte stamps - note I say 'this time'! There's such a good range I can't resist them! The Tuscan Rose stamps are really good and she's got ISC, the only place over here that I've seen sell them!

Unknown said...

Oh Helen ... hurry up and alter that tin ... I have several that need doing and I need inspiration
:0)

Your ATC's are fab BTW

Sharon said...

Helen, I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog via Glenda's links. Your work is fantastic and so inspirational.

I will visit again very soon.

All the best.