Monday 5 October 2009

Back from Artisan

Got back from Artisan yesterday tired but happy!
Met up with people from Craft Stamper - poor Katy had to put up with me all weekend! Actually we had a great time - I hope I didn't drive her too mad. She was a great help in my Make 'n' Take and we both managed to get a little shopping in - just a little you understand! Some of those must have items!
I really enjoyed the Make 'n' Takes - everyone was really lovely (I didn't have to tell them to behave!!!) and produced some great ATCs. If I'd been organised I'd have taken my camera with me to take a picture.
I met quite a few people whose names I recognised from online, either from blogs or Graphicus Guild. It's always nice to put a face to a name - hi ladies!
This is what we made from the Elusive Images Curly Birds plate:



And here are some variations I put together with different backgrounds, embellishments etc.,all using the same plate:

There were some of my favourite places there: PaperArtsy, The Artistic Stamper, The Altered Element, Artist Trading Post plus some new ones I found that I'll have to add to my list! Add in all the glittering beads and I was well away.
We did several ATC swaps so I came away with some lovely artwork as well.
I also met some of the mag contributors - Lousette, Rachel, Kate B. and Anneliese.
You can tell I'm on a high!
I'm going to go and look at all my goodies now - just had to get the new clock stamps from Leandra and I got some great background stamps at The Artistic Stamper - thanks Jennie!

Cheers!

Helen

7 comments:

craftimamma said...

I'm glad you managed to bag 'a few' goodies Helen. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

I love the colours on the Curly Birds pieces.

There were some fabulous people from the world of stamping at Artisan and for me, as a stamper, it was the best show I've been to so far.

Lesley Xx

Fliss said...

Glad to hear you had a great time Helen and managed to fit some shopping in. Absolutely essential I think!
If you've got some spare time perhaps we could meet up for a coffee sometime if you're interested. My email is fliss.goodwin@freedom255.com and I'd love to hear from you.
Fliss x

Jo said...

Glad you were still around on Sunday, Helen, as we thought we were going to miss you. It was a shame to miss the Curly Birds make n take but good you were hauled in to help Katy with the Stampbord.
Can't help wondering what found its way into your shopping bag. What are the things that make your craft buds tingle?

Anonymous said...

love your use of colours....it always attracts me to your work - gorgeous

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I echo Paulas comment...your use of colour is always wonderful.

Glad it was a success.

Unknown said...

Wow. Your colours are just gorgeous. Love the bird cage too.

Anonymous said...

glad you had a fun day, those samples are just glorious and so "you"!

Glenda