Saturday 24 October 2009

Run rabbit, run rabbit run,run, run....

Except I think it's probably a hare!

My hanging ornament started out life as this:

It uses that lovely Hare Collage stamp from Crafty Individuals, part of the Flourish Frame, some of their Travels in Italy paper and one of their chipboard swirls.

Plus other stuff as well of course - in fact it's not until you write it down that you realise how much actually goes into making one thing!! I picked up the wooden plaque thingy at a bric-a-brac stall several years ago (knew it'd come in handy) and used the Big Bite to punch the holes. This is how it turned out:

I've been at the metal again and had a good play with this piece - I've just got some basic tools - my brother brought me a beginners kit back from America. This metal is very thin but I like the bright colour. I didn't have a matching charm so punched one out of the same metal and stamped it to match.

In actual fact I cut the hare bit out and have used that on another piece but I'll show you that one tomorrow as it's not quite ready. Also it means I have to practise my typing then - my kids laugh at me as I'm so slow!

Thanks for looking!

Helen

1 comment:

craftimamma said...

You're getting good at the metal bits Helen, Lol! Seriously, this is great and I love how you used the wire and pearls (what a pretty green too).

I clicked to enlarge the picture so I could look at all the little details and it's lovely.

Lesley Xx