Thursday 22 October 2009

Blue/Green vista

I called it that because I'm not too sure what sort of wind thing it is, but I like the picture. It comes from the other set of Artistic Outpost stamps that I got from Happy Daze.
I had a lot of fun creating this. It's stamped on glossy white card and I was going to colour in the background with dye inks but then decided to use the tiny writing stamp to cover the background. I stamped it over and over in Memories Olive Green and Colonial Blue inkpads and when I wanted more colour I sort of dragged it along.The card it's mounted on is actually white, but that seemed too bright so I used the same technique on that and then knocked back the colour by overstamping in black. the rough edge on both the card and the main picture is the bottom of the picket fence on the house and tree stamp.
I finished off with two sort of rosettes made from the windmill's(?someone tell me what it is!) sails.

Thanks for looking!

Helen

PS Happy Daze have got some Blog Candy to give away over on their blog!

PPS Deby tells me it's a wind driven waterpump!

2 comments:

craftimamma said...

I love the background colours and the way you've built it up on this beautiful card Helen and it is a lovely image.

I have no idea what sort of windmill it is unless it's something to do with irrigation from a well??

Lesley Xx

Deby said...

Lovely cards so serene.

The windmill is a wind driven waterpump - my years growing up in Cornwall come in handy now and again LOL !

Deby x